The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly being adopted by nearly every industry in the world to allow control and monitoring of almost anything! Gateworks created an IoT Radio for rugged and industrial applications. This Mini-PCIe radio card provides low-power and long-range radio communications.
Gateworks GW16122 Mini-PCIe IoT Radio:
- Enables Gateworks SBCs as an IoT Gateway / Collector
- Sub-1 GHz Radio (868MHz EU, 915 MHz US)
- TI CC1350 Dual-Band Wireless Radio Transmitter/Receiver
- Long Range Communication: -124dBm Receive Sensitivity
- Low Power
- Minimal Interference – Narrow Bandwidth
- IEEE 802.15.4e/g Standard for Star Networks
- WiSun Frequency Hopping
- Contiki 6LoWPAN
- -40C to +85C Temperature Range
When compared to many other IoT technologies such as SigFox and Lora, this technology requires no monthly fees or consortium memberships. All the software is Open Source and the entire network is completely private with zero dependency on the coverage of third party networks. The GW16122 will enable Gateworks SBCs to serve as an IoT Gateway for all embedded rugged and industrial applications!
To learn more about the IoT Radio Card, click the link below:
Gateworks is proud to announce the release of the Newport family of single board computers, featuring the Cavium Octeon TX® ARM processor. This product line is the first to utilize the Octeon TX and represents the next generation of networking performance for embedded processor boards.
Gateworks Newport Family Highlights:
- Cavium OcteonTX ARMv8 64-bit
- Dual/Quad CPU up to 1.5GHz
- DDR4 DRAM up to 8GB
- eMMC Flash up to 64GB
- Up to 5x GbE Ethernet Ports (optional fiber ports available)
- Up to 4x Mini-PCIe Sites
- USB 3.0
- PCIe 3.0
- Optional Maxim DS28C22 Secure Authentication and Encryption
- Optional Ublox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS
- Optional Microchip MCP25625 2.0B CAN Bus Controller
The Newport family of processor boards will be available in four form factors to accommodate various connectivity and size requirements. The Newport boards are size-compatible with the Ventana family of products to easily upgrade existing solutions to a higher performance platform.
To learn more about the Gateworks Newport Family: