To improve wireless reliability, quality, and performance in high density areas, AOIFES has created a software solution called “Cognitive Hotspot Technology (CHT)” that runs on Gateworks Single Board Computers. CHT software is intelligent and designed to efficiently handle a large number of concurrent connections. Wireless access points with CHT software installed throughout a train or building can communicate with each other in real time allowing them to make intelligent decisions based on the current load and demand by the users. CHT increases throughput performance by over 400% thereby increasing the capacity of both number of simultaneous clients and the bandwidth availability for high QoS applications such as video streaming.
CHT on Gateworks SBCs provides the following advantages:
- Eliminates Bottlenecks
- Provides Advanced Load Balancing
- Increases network capacity and reliability
- Increases network speed and performance
- Reduces RF emissions, interference, and electricity consumption
- Reduces the number of needed Wireless Access Points